Monday, April 9, 2012

Asiago Bagels!

It had been 9 months since I had a bite of my favourite Asiago bagel... I had been craving for it... While in SF, picking up a Asiago bagel at the corner of my office was a daily morning ritual.... In State college, a bagel shop is too much to ask I guess, we have to be content with just the waffle shop and Dunkins...
So, during my blog browsing routine, I found a great blog with very nice recipe with pictures which makes trying new "so-assumed tough" recipes less intimidating.....  Bagel has been on my "To Try" list for a really long time since I do not enjoy plain bagels as much as I enjoy Asiago bagels.... If I was going to go through all the long process of making the bagel, it better be my favourite bagel....
Recently, I found out that Gaints store sells the Asiago cheese that I desperately need , no sorry want! Well, got a small block of it and got going with making the bagels.... the whole process takes a long time since the yeast needs to works its 'magic' but other wise the steps are very simple....
I amde 8 off them, 4 of them were a little tough since I let them sit a little longer since I wanted them to have more color... but did right with the next 4 of them....
Ate one right from the oven, it tasted good but I think they tasted great the next day.... Gave some to my friend Gaby and she loved them!!! Good feedback means its a recipe for keeps.... :)









No comments:

Post a Comment