Monday, February 20, 2012

Cake Pops!

Well, I spent the next 2 days researching about cake pops... I was all excited to try this new thing and I thought it was perfect to give it to some our friends, especially Binh the girl who sent me candies for V day...
So, I went in over drive mode and baked 2 boxes of cake mix... Chocolate & Strawberry.... While the cakes were cooling, I started burning up... I was feeling too tired and was thinking, had I bit more than I could chew??!!??? There were 4 cakes in front of me!!!!! Gosh!!!!
I pushed myself and made a batch of chocolate and vanilla frosting, so that I could retire for the day... I mushed up the cakes with the frosting and stuck them in the refrigerator.... I wanted to see them no more..... And as it turned out I did not see them for next 2 days... Cause I fell ill and was too tired to think of cake pops.... Slowly I felt better enough to finish what I started, so out cake the cakes and I took the whole day about 6 more hours to complete the job.... And yes, I had bitten more than I could chew, especially during a time when I was not very well and no one to help me.... I realized cake pop is a fun thing to do with a group, it can get a little tedious with one person trying to make a 100 cake pops... Well, but who asked me to make a 100 in the first attempt???!!!?? (Well, I thought it would be great to give all our friends something fun in 2 flavours instead of only one, yea right)

Finally the task ended and I was VERY happy with the results... there were just 3 causalities, the pops fell of their stick while candy coasting or else i would have made exactly a 100 cake pops!!!!
I let them dry for the night and packaged them the next morning....

Here are a lot of pictures...
I was against spending 15$ just for foam to stick the pops in for drying... so I have improvised to sticking them  in all the empty boxes i could find in my house including the empty pizza box.. Hehehhe... It worked...


























2 comments:

  1. Wow..I want those perfect looking pops..plz shid some of 'em here...waiting..;))


    ur post reminded me of my gulab jamoon pops!!

    ReplyDelete