Sunday, February 5, 2012

My favourite Chocolate Cake!

I usually like to bake with no chaos around me, so that my attention is undivided... This Saturday was one of those days when I was in a baking mood.... Few of us were meeting in a friend's place and I decided I would make a chocolate cake and surprise them, this is one of my favourite recipes since I am not too found of chocolate... This cake has coffee added to it ,so it adds a nice moist flavour to the whole cake...
After my baking pan disaster, I went out and bought a set of Wilton 9 inch cake pans hoping they would be better than my last pan... In went the cake and after 35 minutes, the cake was still a bit raw only in the centre, so I let it sit for 10 more minutes till it was all done... It looked good... But I am still wondering about the change in baking time, I have made the same cake before in exactly 35 minutes... I have been using the baking strips as well, next time I need to get rid of them and see who the cakes bake...
I let the cake cool of for a while.. I was sure I did not want any butter cream frosting on my cake and had looked up a chocolate ganache recipe to make... I could also use it to ice the cake, exactly what I was looking for... I made some ganache and let it cool off till it became thick enough to pipe...
I was very happy with the cake and the way I was able to decorate it.... I did have a problem with ganache, it was melting too fast due to my body temperate...I had to freeze it for a minute and ice again...Took a while but eating ganache is so much better than buttercream frosting for now....
I had a little extra batter from the cake so, I made four cupcakes from it and decorated them too with chocolate ganache...
Here are a few pictures that I took.









2 comments:

  1. Wow..So tempting..I too love mocha cakes!!
    Bout ur baking and coming out raw..wer exactly r u nplacing ur pan? centre? high? low?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Centre... But I have never had any problems with the oven, its the pans...

    ReplyDelete