Monday, February 20, 2012

Wilton Course 2, Class 2 & Valentine's Day

Last Tuesday was Valentine's Day and it was quite an eventful day for me, but not related to St. Valentine or the general theme of Feb 14th...
I was sick and woke up early wishing to get an appointment with a doctor.. Rang up the two hospitals in our town and found out that one did not have an appointment for the next 15 days and the other did not accept my insurance company... Was worried for sometime, then remembered a Medical Express clinic I had visited for my DL test, they were a walk in clinic... Rang them up and they said they accept my insurance... Thought of seeing a doctor itself made me feel so much better.... Went to the clinic and was seen by a very nice lady doctor... This was my first time visit to a doctor for any illness in US.... And it was such a great experience... So clean, so warm and friendly....
After this, I went and picked up Vikram from his college and we decided to go for an Indian buffet lunch... We had another couple our friends from Guatemala : Gaby & Jose join us to... The mediocre lunch experience was saved by their company...  One of Vikram's classmate a very sweet Vietnamese girl  had sent me V Day goodies bag ! How sweet... It was small red paper bag with kisses and hugs chocolate candies and some other cherry candies and 2 heart shaped plastic rings... It was SO sweet.... That was the hi light of the day....
Then in the evening I went to my cake decorating class and Theresa as promised had got us a cake pop each from her weekend extravaganza... I out it aside and went about the class....
We learnt to use the royal icing to make various flowers.... It was not very simple but the flowers were really nice when done well..... They need lot of practise!!!!! Ughh... I am always so lazy to go home and practise anything related to icing...
So, after I went home I remembered about the cake pop that was tucked away in my bag... It was a tiny little thing and I shared it with Vikram... And boy was I bowled over... I am not much of a chocolate or dessert person so this tiny little thing was just perfect for me... It was over even before I realized I was eating something sweet and chocolatey... :) That was the charm.... :)
Then began my obsession with cake pops.


No comments:

Post a Comment