Friday, January 20, 2012

Coconut Brownies

I had some lovely coconut brownies on Christmas eve last year after which I wanted to make some at home....
I am still not getting the right baking time for brownies after innumerable attempts...sometime they are over baked and turn all brittle or sometimes they are under baked and all gooey in the inside... Still a long way to go to make the perfect chewy brownies... Huh... I keep getting brownies mixes instead of making it from scratch just for this reason.... too much effort to make them from the scratch if I do not bake them right...
So, I opened one more box of brownie mix and got it into the oven.... Saying a little prayer to get it right this time... God throw me some chewy brownies!
After 33 minutes... I got it out, checked and set it aside to cool.... Made my coconut topping and smothered it over the brownie slab.. After a few hours when I was cutting them into pieces, I saw that they needed about 2-3 minutes of more cooking.... But too late now! Desperately need an oven thermometer now... something is definitely wrong with my oven temperature for sure.....  They were very much edible, not raw enough to make you sick or anything.... So, we are eating them... Hahaa...
Next time I will right about the perfect chewy brownies, I am not giving up YET.

Coconut Brownies are here.







No comments:

Post a Comment