Thursday, January 12, 2012

Naan

Trying to make some naan at home had been on my mind for quite some time... So, when I was decided to make some Chole masala for dinner,  I thought I could as well make some naan, as it would make a good combination with the curry. Little did I anticipate the long period of time for the dough to ferment... The more the better.. Anyway, since I was running low on patience and was getting hungry... I decided I would just give it enough time for the naan to be decent... 2 hours.... Not 2 to 4 hours as mentioned in the recipe....

Well, I did the whole thing and my naan was not perfect, the naan was a bit thick for my taske and not very crispy.... I didn't think it would be on my first attempt and low patience mood... But it was pretty decent for an amateur naan maker ... And, it was already mentioned in the recipe it takes LOTS of patience and trails to master this bread, without having a tandoor.. So, I was glad it was decent... I made 8 of them and they lasted me for a day... Not bad...
Here are the pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment