Saturday, January 28, 2012

Wilton Course 1, Class 3

So, I have been avoiding writing this post on the third class due the absolute horror of the amount of sugar that goes into making the butter cream icing and to eventually discover how SWEET it actually is.... I did make it for the second class but never really ate the cake so, had no idea of how sweet the thing actually was! And by the end of the class when I took a bite of my butter cream decorated cupcake, my teeth were hurting!!! I can NOT eat so much sugar in one bite!!!!
Well its its ironical, I never really liked any icing expect for the one on the Sweet Chariot pastries and here I was learning cake decoration with butter cream icing...For what?!??!!  No one in India eats the insane amounts of icing as the folks here... India is just not as sugar friendly place as US...
I was sort of disappointed, what's the point of leaning something if I do not use it for my own consumption... I need less sugar loaded and healthier icing recipes.... The search in ON!
Well for now, my experience of the third Wilton class. It was totally fun, learnt great easy techniques in the class... They are so easy but look so great... I can't wait to make cakes using these techniques... So, who's my first victim???
Here are a few pictures:












2 comments:

  1. Good Attempt roh! And yeah i TOO HATE ICING FOR THE FACT THAT IT HAS SO MUCH CALORIES..SUGAR & BUTTER...:(( Even fondant..its nothing but sugar..but i think u can try using splenda instead of sugar...good luck with that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I am always looking for buttercream replacements...

    ReplyDelete